Our Brief History
The Beginnings of TEAM in Trinidad and the establishment of the AEBC
David Crane, a radio engineer, came to Trinidad in 1958 with his wife Elaine and their two children Sally and Danny. His vision was to start a Christian radio station so he pursued a radio license from the Trinidad government.
A 30-acre piece of land in Five Rivers, Arouca was being sold by West Indies Mission. It was an ideal site for a radio tower and he also had a vision of a Bible School and youth Camp being on the premises.
By faith, the Cranes prayed that if it was God's will to obtain the property, that God would provide the funds. Shortly after, a letter arrived from BIOLA University, the Cranes' Alma Mater. The letter asked David and Elaine for a ‘project' that the BIOLA students could support. From their contribution the “Victory Heights” property in Five Rivers, Arouca was purchased.
As no government action was forthcoming regarding the radio license, God began burdening David's heart for a Youth Camp grounds and Church planting ministry. This led to the amalgamation in 1963 of his initial ministry Caribbean Broadcasting Company, and The Evangelical Alliance Mission, a church-planting agency.
From this has come the establishment of fourteen churches throughout north, east and central Trinidad. An association was established to manage the joint affairs of the churches which includes Victory Heights Bible Camp and other joint ministries.